Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Check out my New YouTube Channel!

So after four years of writing blog posts, I have finally decided to start my own YouTube channel. In some ways, writing blog posts has been my entry point into the world InDesign training. With a blog post, I can work on it for weeks, create the perfect screenshot, fix typos, and present something really polished. But I've found videos a bit harder, because historically (unbeknowst to me until recently), I use a lot of filler words, I speak too quickly, and I skip steps. And so, creating videos has been much harder for me.

But for the last two years, I've been running the Raleigh InDesign User Group. And those wonderful IDUG members kept showing up, again and again, and listened to me speak too quickly, while doing tutorials on too small of a screen. Maybe they just came for the raffle prizes, but regardless, their continued attendance gave me plenty of practice teaching others. And I owe my YouTube channel to them. So check it out. I'd love to hear what you think. Many of my first videos are topics that I first demonstrated at our IDUG meetings.

Here is one of my favorites. If you like it, be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel. It's not flashy, but it's chock full of good content. I think you'll like it.

PDF Commenting in Acrobat 9: Part 1: Using the Text Edit Tools



No comments :

Post a Comment