Wednesday, July 13, 2011

How to Incorporate Chapter Thumbnail Images into an Auto-Generating Table of Contents

In May of this year, I attended the InDesign Secrets Print and ePublishing Conference. Once again, I decided to try my hand at speaking to several hundred people. (I'd like to note that public speaking is my geeky version of a roller coaster thrill ride.) So I mustered up all my courage and gave a 5-minute presentation to a room full of strangers. My topic this year was about how to "Make a TOC with Thumbnail images."



For the entire writeup about how it works, check out my article over at InDesign Secrets. They were nice enough to let me be a guest contributor. This article was something I'd been working on for a couple of years, and I wanted to make sure it got published somewhere very special, with plenty of InDesign users.

And here is a photo of me after completing my presentation. I got a 2-thumbs up from Anne-Marie! Plus, I got a special "Speaker Bag."


If you ever have the chance to do an Ignite presentation, go for it! It will rock your world. I did one last year as well, and I have to say, the second time around is much less scary. Of course, I was well prepared and has been practicing for months this time around. In case you're interested in my presentation from last year, here is the writeup.

No comments :

Post a Comment